Welcome to the universe of My Little Pony: Friendship is Dragons!
This is the beginning work of a d20 Ponyfinder Revised system based heavily in a mixture between D&D 3.5 , Pathfinder, Ponyfinder, and the juiciest bits of D&D 4th edition, and an intense amount of new work. The goal is to create a varied structure for the system in which it can operate piece-meal or as a whole.
Used piece-meal, the idea is to allow a DM to take any piece of this system and integrate it into their 3.5 or Pathfinder campaign. Used as a whole, this system will attempt recreate the My Little Pony (and its variant) universe(s) as much as possible while making necessary changes to keep the “feel” of a D&D campaign (using items, leveling up, etc).Player Basics:
- Basics and Ability Scores – At least 80-90% keeping Pathfinder, little real concern
- Character Advancement – Needs to get done, probably before classes are.
- Races – Sixth concern but heavily interlaced with Racial Classes, basically just balancing work and roleplay work, probably using a lot of Pathfinder here
- Templates – Late concern, once everything’s working right we can start expanding
- Base Classes – Fifth concern but heavily interlaced with Feats
- Racial Classes – Seventh concern but heavily interlaced with Races, these will be small 1 to 3 level classes to allow base races that should have LA to start at 0 LA in a weaker form and become more apt to their race by taking these classes.
- Prestige Classes – Late concern, once everything’s working right we can start expanding
- Skills – At least 80-90% keeping Pathfinder, little real concern
- Traits – Probably straight keeping Pathfinder
- Feats – Fourth concern but heavily interlaced with Classes
- Alignment and Description – Largely roleplay work, important but game structure comes first, little immediate concern
- Equipment – Third concern, large revamp and will help determine feats and classes
- Combat – At least 80-90% keeping Pathfinder, last real concern
- Adventuring – At least 80-90% keeping Pathfinder, little real concern
- Magic – First concern as it’s a total revamp and game-defining
- Spells – Second concern, not a total revamp but needs to be defined for magic to be finished
- General Guidelines and Glossary – Basically just rounding up all the other work, last concern
Anything in (parentheses and italicized) is an aside to those helping me develop this and is something I’m actively looking for help with. With that, have a look around and please feel free to comment on anything in the forum or to talk to me in person!