(Lore in the works)Alicorn characters posses the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma
- Outsider (Native) type.
- Alicorn are size medium.
- Alicorns have a base land speed of 30 feet and a bipedal speed of 15 feet.
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Alicorns may use their horn to make a primary gore attack dealing 1d4 points of damage and may use their hooves to make a secondary slam attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
- Inherent Magic: An alicorn may use the spells Light (targeting their horn) and Unicorn Telekinesis at-will as spell-like abilities (caster level equal to their hit dice).
- Quadraped: Due to being four-legged, alicorn gain a +4 bonus to their combat maneuver defense against trip attacks and +50% carrying capacity.
- Clumsy Glide: An alicorn’s wings are weak things, but a skilled (or lucky) alicorn can still use them to break a long fall. If an alicorn falls more than 20 feet, they may make a DC 20 Fly check to catch enough wind to begin gliding. The alicorn will take no damage from falling and can move 5 ft horizontally for every additional 20 feet they fall. While gliding, an alicorn may not hover. An alicorn cannot glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Special Talent: Alicorn gain the Skill Focus feat for free at first level in a skill that relates to their Special Talent (See Special Talent for more information). Further, this skill is always considered a Class Skill for the alicorn.
- Fingerless: See Fingerless Rules.
- Automatic Languages: Equestrian. See Languages for more.
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||+2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, Grace, Gliding Wings, Caster’s Talent|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||+2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, Cloudwalking, Flight (20, average), Powerful Build, Grand Spellcasting|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||+2 Strength, +2 Charisma, Growth, Regal Horn, Flight (30, average), Arcane Assault|
Hit Die: d10
Class Skills: The alicorn’s class skills are Craft, Diplomacy, Fly, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Nobility), Linguistics, Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Skill Ranks per Level: 6 + Int modifier.
All of the following are Class Features of the Alicorn racial levels.
Grace: An alicorn learns to control their movements and stride with grace, improving their base land speed to 40 feet and their bipedal speed to 20 feet.
Gliding Wings: An alicorn’s wings strengthen as they grow, letting them glide with ease. At first level, alicorns lose their clumsy glide ability and now use their wings to glide properly, negating damage from a fall of any height and allowing 15 feet of forward travel for every five feet of descent, gliding at a speed of 30 feet with poor maneuverability. While gliding, an alicorn may not hover. An alicorn cannot glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
Caster’s Talent: As an alicorn’s talent grows, they gains access to magic tied to their special talent. This manifests in one of three chosen ways:
- The alicorn may use a single chosen 3rd level spell as a spell-like ability once per day.
- The alicorn may use a single chosen 2nd level spell as a spell-like ability twice per day.
- The alicorn may use a single chosen 1st level spell as a spell-like ability four times per day.
This spell must be directly related to their special talent and must be approved by the GM. The chosen spell is used at a caster level equal to the alicorn’s hit dice. The choice of spell may not be changed once made.
Cloudwalking: At second level, an alicorn gains the ability to treat fog, or any cloud, as a solid.
Flight: Learning to use their wings under their own power, an alicorn gains the ability to fly at second level. The alicorn may now fly with a speed of 20 feet with average maneuverability.
At third level, the alicorn’s flight speed increases to 30 feet.
Grand Spellcasting: At second level, the alicorn chooses a spellcasting class. Her second level of alicorn counts as a level of that class for determining spells known and caster level. Should she take the third level of alicorn, this bonus continues onward, though she does not receive that bonus until she takes the first level of her chosen spellcasting class.
Powerful Build: Alicorns gain the ability to wield weapons as if they were size large and their unarmed and natural weapons deal damage as if they were size large. Notably this increases the damage of their gore attack to 1d6 and their slam attack to 1d6.
Growth: At third level, an alicorn becomes size large (long), taking a -1 size penalty on attack rolls and armor, gaining a +1 size bonus to CMB and CMD, suffering a -2 penalty on Fly checks and a -4 penalty on Stealth checks. Notably, this does not cause their powerful build ability to increase, but they still retain their powerful build should they ever become size medium again for any reason.
Regal Horn: At third level, the mystical power native the alicorn reinforces their horn. The damage from the alicorn’s gore attack increases to 2d6 and the alicorn gains a reach of 10 feet with their horn.
Arcane Assault: For a number of rounds per day equal to their character level, an alicorn may call upon the arcane power in their veins to empower themselves. While active, unarmed strikes, natural weapons, and wielded weapons deal additional damage depending on the alicorn’s chosen talent focus.
- School Focus: The alicorn’s attacks deal an additional 1d4 points of arcane damage.
- Elemental Focus: The alicorn’s attacks deal an additional 1d6 points of damage of the chosen element if fire, lightning, acid or ice was chosen. However, if sonic, water, air, light, or shadow was chosen, the alicorn deals an additional 1d4 points of the chosen element instead.
- Alignment Focus: The alicorn’s attacks become aligned with the chosen element and deal an extra 1d6 points of damage to enemies with an opposing alignment. This damage is typed as appropriate for the chosen alignment (holy for good, unholy for evil, axiomatic for lawful and anarchic for chaotic.
Activating and deactivating this ability is a swift action.